MobyMax Tests are customizable grade level, standard, and skill tests. You can use these tests to assess students' mastery of specific concepts periodically throughout the year.
MobyMax Tests are different from placement tests. Placement tests are adaptive, formative assessments intended to identify a student's skill gaps. Because placement tests are adaptive, it's unlikely a student will take the same test twice. Tests, alternatively, are non-adaptive tests that teachers can tailor to particular grades, standards, or skills. Because they focus on less material, assessments tend to be shorter in length. Both placement tests and tests can be assigned throughout the year at any time if the teacher has a MobyMax license for that subject, and both will affect progress monitoring data.
To assign a new test, simply complete the following steps:
- After signing into your teacher account, select “Moby Learning."
- Click the subject area button, (e.g., "Math," "Language," etc.)
- Click “Tests."
- Check the box(es) next to the student(s) to whom you would like to assign tests.
- Click the "Assign New Test" button.
- Choose a test type.
- Select the grade level, standards, or skills.
- Name the test, if you wish.
- Click the "Assign" button.
Students can access their tests by signing into their account, clicking the book tab, and selecting the "Tests" button.