Short Answer questions require students to provide a written response to a question based on a reading skill they have learned. If you have Short Answer enabled in your settings, your students will automatically see free response questions like this:
"Write a short passage in a third-person point of view about two people who see each other again for the first time after a long separation."
MobyMax does not automatically grade Short Answer responses, and the score for these questions will not be included in a student's overall progress monitoring score. To grade Short Answer responses:
- After signing into your teacher account, select “Moby Learning."
- Click the "Science" button, "Social Studies" button, "Reading Skills (Literature or Informational)" button, or the "Writing Workshop" button.
- Click the "Short Answer" tab.
- Click the number listed under "All Problems Not Graded."
- Drag the markups onto the response and leave comments (if desired).
- Enter a score in the "Assign Score" box. Your grades and markups will automatically be saved.