MobyMax read-aloud sound is turned on by default. MobyMax has read-aloud sound in the following areas:
- Math: All levels
- Fact Fluency: All levels
- Language: All levels
- Vocabulary: All levels
- Foundational Reading: All levels
- Early Reading Trio: All levels
- Paired Reading Stories: Stories and questions for grades K-5, only questions for grades 6-8
- Reading Skills Literature/Informational: Only questions for all levels
- Writing Workshop: All levels are read except for essay sections
- Science: All levels
- Social Studies: All levels
- Test Prep and Review: Questions at all levels. Passages in Reading Skills Test Prep and Review do not have read-aloud sound.
- Spelling List: Words and sentences, if applicable. No read aloud on custom lists.
- Phonics and Spelling Rules: Sentences and words
- Alphabet: Letters
- Alphabet Sounds: Letter sounds
- Phonics Spelling: All levels
- Phonics Blending: All levels
- Numbers: Upper levels have animated Teach Me lessons with read-aloud
- Sight Words: Word the student is searching for is read aloud.
Reading Level Assessment does not have read-aloud sound. This module is intended to assess the student's independent reading level, and that means assessing their ability to read the passages without assistance.
Students can always have the quiz questions and answers read to them by clicking the sound icon. You can turn off read-aloud sound for all students by following these steps:
- Sign into your teacher account, and click the "Roster" link in the left sidebar.
- Select the "Manage Roster" tab at the top of the page.
- Click the "Bulk update curriculum settings” link.
- Select the students, and click “Update Settings."
- Under "Sound settings,” click the blue “Turn sound on or off for all modules” link.
- Adjust the settings and click “Save and Exit."
You can also click a student's individual name on the "Roster" page to turn sound off for one student at a time.