After students take the adaptive placement test, Moby will automatically assign lessons based on the standards that they missed during the test. At first, these lessons might appear to be below a student's grade level because Moby is filling in his or her skill gaps. Alternately, if a student does very well on the placement test or receives help on it, the lessons might be challenging for him or her.
If you need to change the difficulty of a student’s lessons in Moby, you can delete the placement test, reassign the placement test or manually assign lessons.
To delete a placement test:
- After signing in, click the Math" or "Language" button.
- Click on the "Placement" tab.
- Click on the grade level score next to the student whose placement test you'd like to delete.
- Click the trash can icon next to the test name.
- Click “OK."
Please note that deleting the initial placement test for a student will also delete all the lessons and progress for a student in that subject.
To reassign the placement test:
- After you sign in, click the subject area button (i.e. “Math, “Language,” etc.).
- Click "Placement."
- Check the box to the right of the student's name under the "Assign New Test" button.
- Click the “Assign New Test” button.
- Select "Test all skills" or "Test just missing skills."
- Click “Assign."
To manually assign lessons:
- After you sign in, please click the subject area button (i.e. “Math, “Language,” etc.).
- Click "Lessons."
- Click the “Assign” tab.
- Click the student’s name.
- Click the grade level.
- Check the box(es) next to the lesson(s) you wish to assign.
- Click the "Assign" button.
- Select a sequence, and click the "Continue" button
You can change the sequence later by clicking the “Sequence" tab.