MobyMax provides complete automatic rostering and single sign-on implementation for schools and districts using ClassLink. When using ClassLink implementation with Moby, you can streamline the rostering and sign-in process for your students, teachers, and administrators that are shared with us in ClassLink.
Granting MobyMax Permissions In ClassLink:
To begin using MobyMax with ClassLink, your ClassLink administrator must grant permission for MobyMax to access student and teacher data. ClassLink offers a helpful guide on how to grant app permissions. After permission has been granted, the administrator should verify that the data being shared from ClassLink meets the following requirements:
- Distinct Identifiers: Confirm that all shared organizations (Orgs) have distinct Identifiers. We recommend using the NCES ID as an ideal choice for this purpose. Any unique ID will suffice, but Identifiers of zero or multiple zeroes are not considered unique.
- Teacher and Student Inclusion: Verify that all teachers and students who intend to use MobyMax are included in your ClassLink data.
- Email Addresses for Teachers: Ensure that all teachers have their email addresses registered in the email field within your ClassLink data..
- Student IDs: Validate that all students have their Student IDs, sourced from the Student Information System (SIS), included in the "Identifier" field.
- Data Requirements: Your ClassLink data must include Orgs, Users, Enrollments, and Classes data to ensure a successful integration with MobyMax.
- Log into your ClassLink Roster Server and select the "Apps" tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the "+ ADD" button.
- Search for "MobyMax" in the search bar and select the "+ Add" button.
- Select the "FULL PERMISSION" option for sharing data.
- MobyMax will receive your integration request and auto rostering with ClassLink will begin.
Note: Prior to submitting your sync request to MobyMax, we recommend updating Student IDs if you would like to match existing MobyMax student accounts with accounts in ClassLink.
After integrating your ClassLink server details into MobyMax, we'll initiate the initial data sync with your ClassLink data. During this sync, student accounts will be matched if the identifier field in your Roster Server aligns with the Student ID in MobyMax. In cases where no match is identified, a new student account will be generated.
For teachers, the process is simple - we will match based on the email address in ClassLink, ensuring it corresponds to the email address on the MobyMax account. If a match isn't detected, a new teacher account will be created.
What Happens After the Sync?
Once the initial sync is complete, your school(s) will become part of our nightly sync with ClassLink. This ensures that your MobyMax rosters remain current and accurate throughout the school year. We rely on the Enrollment and Classes data in ClassLink to correctly assign teachers to students in MobyMax.
As an important reminder, don't overlook the need to enable the OAuth2 app for MobyMax. If you require assistance with this, ClassLink support is available to help enable it for your district. This step is essential to ensure that your users will have access to ClassLink SSO with MobyMax.
The Sign-In Process
New teachers and students will have a MobyMax account automatically created when they log in for the first time. To access MobyMax through ClassLink, simply sign in to ClassLink and select the MobyMax icon. If you are redirected to the MobyMax sign-in page, simply click the "ClassLink" button located at the bottom of the page, and you will be signed in to MobyMax.
Please contact our support team if you have any questions or need assistance with ClassLink implementation for MobyMax. We will be happy to help you get started!