First, register yourself for a teacher account. If you already have a teacher account, skip to the next step. The first step will be to register yourself. Here's how:
- Go to www.mobymax.com
- Fill out the information in the "Start using MobyMax now FREE" box. Be sure to use your school zip code and email address.
Next, sign in to your teacher account.
- Go to www.mobymax.com
- Select “As a teacher.”
- Enter your username and password and click “Sign in."
Now it’s time to register your students. If other teachers at your school are using MobyMax or your school has recently purchased a license, your administrator may handle rostering for the whole school. Check with him or her before you spend time registering your students!
- In your teacher account, click the Roster link on the left sidebar.
- Click "Register students."
- Type or copy/paste into the matrix to register your students. You can also click “Would you rather import students?” to import using a spreadsheet. Please note: We strongly suggest entering a student ID number for each student to avoid duplicate accounts and to preserve student data from year to year.
Then it’s time to get your students signed in! On your roster is a tab labeled “How Your Students Sign In.” Note the custom sign-in URL at the top of this page. Distribute that link (or bookmark it!) to students. Once they’re on your custom sign-in URL, students should:
- Select “As a student.”
- Enter their username and password.
- Click “Sign in.”
So what happens next?
The first time your student signs in to MobyMax, he or she can get started immediately by clicking on a subject button. Some subjects start students with an adaptive placement test (Math, Language, Foundational Reading, Fact Fluency, and Vocabulary). If you aren’t sure which subject to have your students start with, we suggest trying one of these!
Once the placement test is completed, the student’s lessons will be automatically assigned based on his or her missing skills. Other subjects will start students at their registered grade level, but teachers can always adjust this level by changing settings or assigning lessons as they see fit.
You can see your students’ progress when you click the subject area button (i.e., "Math," Language," etc.) on the home panel. We recommend that students consistently use MobyMax an hour each week in the subjects in which you would like to see progress. However, teachers tell us that even students who use MobyMax just once a week see growth.