MobyMax integrates with Google Classroom features such as single sign-on (SSO) and automatic student account provisioning for teachers who want to use Google Classroom with their students. We use the class information from Google Classroom to place students with their teachers in Moby. We offer the option to match existing MobyMax accounts with Google Classroom accounts, or Google Classroom can create new MobyMax accounts.
If you are new to MobyMax and want to use Google Classroom to create accounts:
- Go to the MobyMax sign-in page and click “Google Classroom.”
- Sign into your Google Classroom account and accept the prompt to share information with us.
- After signing into your teacher account, click the "Settings" link in the left sidebar or under the "Key Tools" section of the page.
- Click on the “Modules” tab.
- Select the "Teacher Admin" option on the left menu and select "Roster."
- Uncheck “Don’t allow students to sign up using Google Classroom.
Please note: Google Classroom doesn’t pass Moby the grade level for each student.
To ensure your students are registered in Moby at the correct grade level, we suggest having your students sign in to create their accounts, then follow these steps to update their grade levels. You can also register your students in MobyMax (using their Google Classroom email addresses as their usernames) and then follow the steps below to access their MobyMax accounts through Google Classroom.
Now, your students are ready to sign in! They should follow Steps 1-2 above to create their MobyMax accounts.
If you already have a MobyMax teacher account and already have students registered in MobyMax:
- Make sure your MobyMax username (what you use to sign in) is the same email address that you use to sign in to Google Classroom.
- Go to your MobyMax roster and make sure that student usernames match the email addresses that the students use to sign in to Google Classroom. To change a username, click the student's name in blue, enter the Google Classroom email address, and click "Save."
Now, you and your students are ready to log in. Go to the MobyMax sign-in page and click “Google Classroom.” Sign in to your Google Classroom account and accept the prompt to share information with us.